Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Seminary

As a LDS teen it can be hard standing up for my church, especially when there aren't' t very many LDS my age. One thing that has greatly impacted my life and has helped me in many ways is seminary. Today my seminary teacher had the class pretend to be a non member and ask questions to one of the classmates. That classmate then had to answer the question using a scripture mastery. At the end of class my seminary teacher asked me " Why do I attend church every morning." At that moment I was dumbfounded and was unable to answer the question. Now, after contemplating over the question, I realized the true significance of seminary. Seminary provides me with spiritual nourishment and spiritual food throughout the day.  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day , as well as early morning church. I view seminary as my first period class. It's important to gain both spiritual and secular knowledge. Besides, What better class can you have than church. Why do we have school classes every day? Isn't church just as important? I love seminary because it increases my testimony in the gospel and it helps me have the courage to stand up for what I know to be true. When I get tempted by my peers, the spirit bring back to my remembrance of what I learned at seminary. Seminary gives me a new understanding of the gospel and scripture. Seminary also, prepares me for my future life. Well, I better get to bed, so I can enjoy a wonderful, early morning, Seminary (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment